The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Associate degree in Medical Technology
1. One year formal training in Medical Laboratory Technology
1. Registered Medical Technologist, ASCP or equivalent, or eligible
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills , has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Develops and maintains professional working relationships with physicians, phlebotomists, clerical, technical and nursing staff.
5. Handles muliple tasks in a timely manner.
6. Pays attention to detail, even in stressful situations.
The Medical Technologist I uses a high degree of skill to prepare blood, urine and body fluid samples, and perform laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. May specialize in one or more of the following areas: biochemistry, bacteriology, toxicology, parasitology, serology, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis or blood banking. Analyzes results and reports through laboratory computer system. Performs related duties including quality control, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, workload recording, incomplete worklists, ordering and stocking supplies. Follows state and other agency regulations. Organizes and prioritizes workload for maximum productivity.