CapitalCare Medical Group is a physician-owned medical practice with more than 150 healthcare professionals. The group offers primary care services in Family Practice, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine throughout the Capital District. CapitalCare also provides services in Endocrinology, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Nephrology, medical nutrition therapy, and comprehensive diabetes education and operates a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory. CapitalCare welcomes new patients and participates with most major health insurance carriers
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Medical Technologist at our lab in Niskayuna.
We are receptive to full-time or part-time applicants for this position.
The hours for the position are:
Monday-Friday: 12pm-8:30pm, occasional weekends and holidays.
The responsibilities assigned to this position would include:
Qualified candidates will possess a B.S. in Biology or Medical Technology; successful completion of MT, MLT or CLA course of study; minimum of two years laboratory experience, preferably in clinic setting; ASCP or AMT certification.
- Performing technical laboratory functions including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis and immunology.
- Maintaining records of procedure performance, patient results and quality control in the laboratory.
- Reporting test results following clinic protocols drawing special alerts to physicians and/or nurses on "red flag" results.
- Reviewing relevant laboratory reports for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the providers; including reports on procedures processed in reference laboratories.
- Maintaining supplies and equipment in accordance with defined policies and protocols, and logs preventative and remedial maintenance of equipment and performance of equipment, including daily temperature checks.
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment by cleaning areas daily, washing counters, emptying trash containers, cleaning up spills, preparing bio hazardous materials for departure, and all other duties necessary to sustain an appropriate work area.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Knowledge of medical principles, standards, applications, and tests. *Knowledge of how to use/maintain laboratory equipment appropriately.
- Must understand safety, infection control policies and regulations.
- Will be required to follow appropriate testing procedures, proper use, preventative maintenance and repair.
- Must be capable of administering appropriate quality control and confidentiality procedure.
- Will be required to utilize independent judgment/decision-making and discretion in reporting/distributing results.
- Must have the ability to organize effectively and work quickly with high level of accuracy.
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 22 months ago