The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
's degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training or qualification under CLIA '88 Regulations. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. .
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist or equivalent.
- State licensure if required.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...