Under general supervision, works closely with the Section Head of his/her assigned section toward the completion of the section workload. This effort is directed toward the timely, efficient, accurate and precise production of laboratory data. Duties may encompass, but not exclusively entail, working with various devices, machines and instruments that aid in the production of clinical data. Additionally, handles specimens from various sources (i.e., whole blood, serum, plasma, urine, body fluids, tissues and feces) and all age groups of patients, which may be infectious in nature.
1. Recent Medical Technologist experience in Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation and Urinalysis preferred.
2. Recent blood drawing experience in venipuncture and capillary puncture with pediatrics, neonates and geriatrics also preferred.
3. Requires the ability to communicate clearly with nursing personnel, lab personnel and patients.
4. Advanced knowledge, both theoretical and practical, of tests and procedures necessary to perform technical functions and clinical evaluations generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or a BS Degree in a related field.
5. ASCP or equivalent certification required.
6. Working ability to perform all clinical procedures and techniques under little supervision.
7. Computer entry skills necessary to work with Laboratory Information System.
Crittenton Hospital Medical Center - 20 months ago