Under general supervision, performs clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Analyzes test results to ensure their accuracy prior to reporting. A Bachelor of Science degree in Medical TechnologyOR a Bachelor of Science degree in an applicable science and two years additional experience in a related clinical laboratoryOR an Associate's degree in Medial Laboratory Technology with four years of additional related clinical laboratory experience Dependent upon level of education acquired |
· Thorough knowledge of theory, principle and practice of medical laboratory techniques
· Skill in using, calibrating and basic maintenance of standard equipment used in medical laboratory practice
· Skill in performing medical laboratory tests
· Skill in using computers and personal productivity applications
· Skill in written, interpersonal and oral communication
· Ability to report results accurately orally and in writing
· Certification in Medical Technology through an accrediting agency (such as ASCP) or a subspecialty certification in a discipline in which the employee is to work.
Greater Baltimore Medical Center, also known as GBMC, operates an integrated health system for residents of Baltimore and surrounding...