1. Is able to work in Blood Bank
2. Is able to perform all Blood Bank procedures required for the safe issuing of blood. This will include performing cross matches, perform type and screens (tube and solid phase methodology), issuing units, performing antibody panels.
5. Performs all aspects of Microbiology planting and processing of send-out tests.
6. Organizational skills: Organizes work during heavy workloads being able to multi-task to expedite patient care. Keeps the work area clean and organized.
7. Communication skills: Notes critical results, calling results in the proper time frame. Maintains open communication with physicians, nursing staff and co-workers. Consults with supervisor if needed to resolve technical problems that may arise
9. Performs all quality control and participates in quality assurance monitors.
Would consider MLT or MT.
Requirements: ASCP required. 1 year of experience required.
Available for every other weekend evening shift.
New England Baptist Hospital - 11 months ago
As a world-class orthopedic hospital, we help patients get back to the activities and independence they enjoy, whether that means...