Full-time Position, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 7pm-7am. Flexibility of some hours can be discussed.
Responsible for the performance of both routine and advanced procedures in the General Laboratory section. Accountable for accurate results and the proper use of quality control materials. Must recognize the interdepen-dency of tests and the conditions that affect test results. Correct own errors and use and maintain a variety of complex instruments. May be responsible for work of another technologist during their absence. Must be able to work independently with rotation of weekends, holidays and shifts.
1. Never convicted of a criminal offense related to health care.
2. Not listed by a Federal agency as debarred, excluded or otherwise ineligible for participation in federally funded health care programs.
3. Registered (or registry eligible) Medical Technologist through ASCP, HEW, AMT or equivalent.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
5. Able to work without direct supervision.
1. Able to work in a latex burdened environment.
2. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly with staff, physicians, patients and fellow employees.
3. Must be able to use the telephone to communicate with clients in a clear and precise manner.
4. Must have audio ability to communicate with staff, physicians, patients and fellow employees. Audio abilities must enable employee to hear the operation of technical equipment for safety reasons.
5. Coordination and motor skills required for obtaining blood specimens from patients following OSHA guidelines.
6. Lifting and moving of small technical equipment is required.
7. Motor skills must allow for performing duties of faxing, copying, typing and filing of laboratory informa-tion.
8. Vision must be corrected to enable reading of test results in a clear and concise manner. Color blindness would be evaluated as to degree of inhibition in performing tests assigned.
9. Motor skills must allow safe handling of chemicals according to OSHA guidelines.
10. Motor skills must allow safe handling of bloodborne pathogens according to OSHA guidelines
1. Responsible to the Pathologist, Lab Director, and Lab Manager and works effectively with all members of the health care team.
2. Contributes a positive attitude and department cohesiveness by working cooperatively with other staff members.
3. Demonstrates a team approach by working cooperatively with all members of the health care team.
4. Offers and receives criticism in a constructive manner.
Stillwater Medical Center - 10 months ago
Oklahoma State University
Oklahoma State University
- 30+ days ago