Position requires working knowledge of routine phlebotomy, hematology procedures, urinalysis procedures, microbiology, serology testing and drug screening. Also includes quality control on all procedures as well as the recording and interpreting of results. Perform routine maintenance of equipment when necessary. Perform phlebotomy when manning or workload requirements dictate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform background count and run 3 levels of hematology controls every 8 hours to ensure proper instrument functioning.
• Perform and record urine controls each morning using Chek-Stik to ensure dipstick quality.
• Perform and record 2 levels of chemistry control on Olympus AU 400e to ensure reagent integrity and proper instrument functioning.
• Perform and record 3 levels of controls on AXSYM to ensure reagent integrity and proper instrument functioning.
• Plate quality control organisms for microbiology.
• Perform and record refrigerator and incubator temperatures to ensure no temperature fluctuations.
• Participate in proficiency testing and CAP surveys to meet regulatory requirements and to monitor laboratory performance and accuracy.
• CBC testing on Cell-Dyn performing manual differentials when abnormal. Record results.
• Perform testing for sedrates.
• Perform urinalysis using Cliniteck. Perform urinary microscopic. Record results.
• Perform blood chemistries.
• Perform thyroid.
• Microbiology: Plate all cultures on proper media, reading cultures, record results, perform catalase; perform sensitivity testing on all pathogens.
• Perform monotest, CRP, RA, Strep IS, Influenza ID, RPR, H, Pylori blood, serum and uring HCG testing according to procedural inserts and record results.
• Perform occult blood, wet mount and KOH.
• Perform H. Pylori Breath test and Clia.
• Repeat all abnormal test results.
• Enter and verify patient results.
• Maintain equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications, including routine preventive maintenance.
• Perform Clinitek daily, weekly, monthly.
• Troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment.
• Patient instructions to collect urine specimen.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to perform laboratory testing.
• Knowledge of laboratory equipment.
• Knowledge of safety hazards common to medical technology.
• Skill in identifying equipment problems.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
• Knowledge of medical practice and organizational policies.
• Knowledge of examination and diagnostic procedures.
• Knowledge of use and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Skill in identifying and communicating problems to the supervisor.
• Skill in following medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly with patients and other staff.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations and to work under high pressure situations.
• Good telephone manners and etiquette.
• Detail orientation and organization.
• Flexibility in working hours to handle variation in the inflow of patients and cover the needs of the department.
Registered Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT).
At least 1 year experience as MT or MLT.
Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group - 22 months ago
Based in Valencia, California, U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group was founded in 1995. With over 200 locations in 19 states, and more than 2,700...