Formal Education / Training:
Valid state of Tennessee License as Medical Laboratory Technologist.
Training in qualified school of Medical Technology
Equipment and Skills Training:
On job training of specific laboratory machines. Need general knowledge of laboratory testing equipment and computers.
Universal precautions practiced in a safe, well-equipped, well-lit, environmentally controlled working area.
Ability to perform multifunctional tasks, bend, stoop, life 20 pounds, dexterity in both hands, ability to read computers screen, hear phone and interpersonal communication, learn, reason, perform mathematical calculations related to SD, CV% and mean.
1. Assures specimens used for testing and send out tests are acceptable
2. Assures proper specimen and patient identification
3. Follows testing protocol as described in laboratory procedures
4. Appropriately validates testing results.
5. Follows through on questions and problems including issues related to “incomplete specimen report”.
6. Keeps up to date with technical, policy and procedural changes.
7. Shows leadership in difficult situations and is able to make appropriate decisions.
8. Assures quality control is acceptable before testing is reported.
9. Maintains equipment as required.
10. Makes good use of time.
11. Seeks out new tasks when work is done.
12. Does fair share of overtime and fill-in.
13. Keeps up with mox and other forms of communication including between shift communication.
14. Communicated potential or existing problems or opportunities to improve quality of care or services.
Williamson Medical Center is a 185-bed hospital dedicated to serving the health care needs of our surrounding communities. Founded in 1957,...