A medical language specialist who interprets and transcribes dictation by health care providers regarding patient assessment, work-up, therapeutic procedures, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc. in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services.
- Operates management console for dictation system to assign dictation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the medico-legal implications and responsibilities related to the transcription of patient records to protect the patient and the hospital.
- Consistently maintains a transcription accuracy rate of 90% or higher.
- Maintains a minimum transcription productivity rate of 100-150 lines per hour.
- Independently adjusts work priorities to ensure that reports are consistently transcribed in a timely manner. All worktypes are to be transcribed within 24 hours of dictation.
- Consistently ensures that all copies of transcribed reports are routed to the appropriate areas.
- Required: Minimum education level of high school diploma.
- Required: completion of college level Medical Terminology coursework
- Required: Ability to operate designated dictation, and transcription equipment as directed to complete assignments.
- Required: Strong Word Processing skills
- Required: Minimum, 1 year of experience performing Medical Transcription
- Preferred: CMT credentials,
Hunt Regional Healthcare - 16 months ago