I. Position Summary:
The Medical Transcriptionist will perform the transcription duties for the Histology section. The Transcriptionist will be responsible for the compiling of the Pathology Departments QA.
II. Position Relationships:
A. Responsible to: Section Supervisor
B. Workers Supervised: None
C. Interrelationships: Interacts with all Laboratory Personnel, Lab
Administrative Director, the Director of Pathology, staff pathologists, personnel in other hospital departments, physician’s office, patients, and physicians.
III. Responsibilities and Authorities:
Provides accurate and timely transcription service to the Pathology Department.
B. Work Performed:
1. Performs other duties as assigned by the department's management staff.
2. As patient care and/or Hospital need dictates, both the assigned shift and work station may be changed by the department.
3. Participates in and promotes the “I CARE Advantage” service philosophy of Integrity, Customer Centered, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
4. Performs essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
5. Provide surgical, cytology, and autopsy pathology transcriptions.
6. Compiles Pathology QA monitors.
7. Prepares and ships materials for consultations.
8. Serves as the section receptionist.
9. Maintains all pathology files.
10. Troubleshoots transcription equipment problems and initiates service call when appropriate.
11. Completes error check on reports before submitting them to pathologist.
12. Efficiently utilizes LIS and effectively follows downtime procedures.
13. Performs departmental competencies and maintains a standard of 90% or above.
14. Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent Hospital and Laboratory policies.
15. Works cooperatively to insure that work area is maintained in a professional and orderly manner.
IV. Performance Factors Used to Evaluate Employee:
A. Can be relied on to complete all aspects of the job to include pending logs, preventive maintenance, and quality control.
B. Work is sufficiently organized to efficiently perform the job.
C. Follows tasks or problems to completion.
D. Observes common courtesies.
E. Tolerate routine pressures of the job without hindering performance.
F. Shares essential information with co-workers.
G. No more than 3 significant errors made.
H. Usually exercises sound decisions making.
I. Understands and accepts most new ideas.
J. Performs tasks in assigned area.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
B. Training and Experience:
Good typing skills and knowledgeable of medical terminology. Prior transcription experience preferred.
VI. Unusual Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
A. Requires ability to lift and move boxes of supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
B. Job requires extended periods of standing, walking, and use of stairway.
C. Job involves exposure to bio-hazardous materials, chemicals, and potential infectious diseases.
Medical Center Hospital - 20 months ago
Cincinnati Children's is a 423-bed institution devoted to bringing the world the joy of healthier kids. Cincinnati Children's is dedicated...