High School Diploma/GED
Minimum of 3 years of experience
SUMMARY: A medical language specialist transcribes dictation by physicians and other healthcare providers in order to document patient care. The associate will also be involved in the research of questions and in the education of others involved with patient care documentation.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Ascension Health Core Values, St. Agnes policies/ procedures and applicable civil laws. Is accountable for efficient use of resources and support of the St. Agnes mission.
· Demonstrates seasoned knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
· Produces quality transcribed reports with a 98% accuracy rate.
· Transcribes at an average productivity rate of 1,000 lines per eight-hour day.
· Demonstrates excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation, style, and editing.
· Demonstrates the ability to use an extensive array of professional reference materials.
· Demonstrates excellent computer skills using dictation and transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified, with the ability to troubleshoot as necessary
· Works independently with minimal or no supervision.
· Works under pressure to meet 8 hour turnaround time on all transcriptions and two hour TAT for stat dictations.
· Maintains privacy and confidentiality of protected health information.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Education: High school diploma.
Required Experience: At least 3 years experience in Medical Records transcription to include all work types, e.g., H&P, Consults, Operative Reports, Discharge Summaries, etc.
Level of Computer Skills Required:
§ Typing speed required: 55 wpm
§ Ba sic Spreadsheet Skills
§ Basic Database Skills
§ Intermediate level word processing skills,
- Specific Software Knowledge:
§ Medical Records Software