Amgen, the world's largest biotech company, discovers, develops, and delivers innovative human therapeutics to treat grievous illnesses, such as kidney failure, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and osteoporosis.
Headquartered in Southern California, Amgen is consistently rated as one of the best places to work and offers competitive compensation and terrific opportunities for the development of its employees.
Amgen is seeking a Medical Writing Manager for their Scientific Affairs Metabolic Bone area. This is a full-time, Thousand Oaks, CA corporate office-based position. Consider joining a team that communicates the results of Amgen's research to the scientific community and embraces Amgen's aspiration to be the world's best human therapeutics company. As key members of North American Medical Teams, Amgen's Scientific Affairs medical writers work closely with authors to develop manuscripts and review articles for peer-reviewed clinical journals as well as abstracts, posters, and slide presentations for scientific congresses.
In addition to providing strategic input to product publication teams and scientific congress planning teams, Scientific Affairs writers liaise with medical leads, biostatisticians, safety experts, and health economists as well as external opinion leaders, clinical investigators, and journal editors.
Additional responsibilities may include the following:
- Preparing or editing documents for submission to external regulatory agencies
- Preparing or editing internal documents requiring robust scientific summaries
- Writing, rewriting, performing QC checks, or editing materials for product dossiers
- Conducting literature searches, reviewing pertinent literature, and preparing summaries or abstracts, as required
- Attending scientific congresses and writing daily and post-meeting summaries Basic Qualifications Doctorate degree
Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience
Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience
Associate’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience Preferred Qualifications •Doctorate degree
- Previous medical writing experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company, or previous postdoctoral research in bone biology or osteoporosis
- Experience analyzing and communicating scientific data in peer-reviewed journal publications and in abstracts and presentations at scientific congresses
- Proficient in pertinent software (eg, MS Office, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator)
- Knowledge of publication guidelines and best practices
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working independently under limited supervision
- Ability to apply project management skills to advance numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment
Amgen - 20 months ago
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...