This position primarily provides instruction to personnel within the Medicare division with a focus on Customer Service, Membership & Billing and Sales across all regions, with occasional training to constituents outside of Medicare. The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Manager Medicare Division Learning & Performance with the design and development of training materials. Primary focus will be aimed at delivering training in a compelling way. Continuously evaluates departmental and individual training needs to enhance and develop training programs in order to meet departmental and corporate goals.
• In alignment with both corporate and departmental strategies, creates/updates/revises all training materials, both written and on-line, needed for formalized classroom training, departmental training and individual training.
• Engages in the planning and/or conducts educational training to areas outside of the Medicare division to support, enhance and increase corporate understanding of Medicare.
• Provides instruction on products, systems, tools, workflows/processes, sales approach and methodology to personnel in Customer Service, Membership & Billing,Sales and other areas as required.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the training using survey results on an ongoing basis and make changes/recommendations, as needed.
• Trains individually or in-groups on job content, operating procedures, accountabilities of assigned positions and general instructional procedures.
• Works closely with supervisors, leads, quality staff, other trainers and the individuals themselves to identify training needs.
• When delivering sales training, utilizes the consultative selling methodology and integrates that methodology in all product training to the sales staff.
• Conducts training to coincide with system conversions, legislation, regulatory requirements and any areas where deficiencies or recommendations have been made by either an internal or external source.
• Assists in operations needs analysis to determine skill gaps and employee developmental/education and training needs. Recommends curriculum and courses based on results.
• Responsible for the planning, scheduling and execution of educational meetings and training opportunities.
• Partners with all levels of the organization to provide and gather input and ensure accuracy and effectiveness of training deliverables.
• Evaluates, documents and presents trainees’ progress to management.
• Provides feedback to the Supervisor during performance review time for employees.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II – Performs similar functions as level I and can be differentiated as follows:
• Coaches staff as needed (e.g. in the event of job related error or staff development, this position will act as direct coach).
• Manages departmental projects as needed.
• Collaborates with managers, mentors Medicare staff regularly.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of two years related experience in an operations and/or sales environment.
• Experience in administering adult training.
• Experience in developing training for Customer Service Call Centers, Membership and Billing or Sales.
• Training expertise including presentation and instructional skills.
• Strong curriculum development skills.
• Superior and diplomatic communication skills including oral, written and listening.
• Excellent organizational, reasoning and problem solving skills.
• Ability to interface with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
• Willingness to act as an internal resource to assist other departments.
• Fluent PC Skills including Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Human relations critical.
• Must have ability to travel.
Level II – requires similar qualifications as level I and can be differentiated as follows:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of three years of adult education or training experience.
• Expertise in adult learning principles and practices with demonstrated formal training.
Normal office environment
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 17 months ago