The Medicare Retention Support Specialist serves as a key resource for the Manager of Medicare Retention and Medicare Sales Division coordinating, presenting and promoting member meetings and events. The Specialist performs a variety of tasks in support of retention initiatives. This position interfaces with other cross-functional Medicare departments to identify issues, patterns and/or trends generated by external and internal action impacting member satisfaction. The incumbent recommends and initiates changes and improvements to enhance member satisfaction.
• Provides staff support and coordination for Medicare Ambassador Meetings, member meetings and member events by organizing agendas, preparing meeting materials, booking venues, tracking budget, member attendance, and staffing.
• Assists in the maintenance of files, records, and operating manuals as well as documenting current and existing processes.
• Works with the Medicare Data Analytics team to obtain disenrollment reports, as requested.
• Identifies issues, patterns and/or trends generated by external and internal action affecting customer satisfaction. Recommends and initiates changes and improvement as a result of process review.
• Attends meetings and/or trainings as a representative of the Retention Team and shares the information within a reasonable period of time.
• Travels and assists with member meetings and sales seminars, as needed.
• Works with other staff within the Medicare division to ensure collateral and product information is distributed to appropriate areas in a timely manner.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Associate’s degree in business or related field with a minimum of three years related work experience.
• Knowledge of local/national and Medicare benefit programs and participating plan operations
• Financial & analytical skills required
• Valid NYS Accident and Health License within six months of employment required. Employees without a license are not eligible for any commission, sales incentive awards or contests. Any sales made while not licensed are not eligible for incentive compensation.
• Expertise of personal computer skills including Word, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to problem solve for effective conflict resolution.
• Experience with giving formal/informal presentations in front of small/large audiences.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on intra/inter-departmental teams.
• Sound human relation skills
• Must have ability to travel within NYS.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard