The Medication Assistant Care Staff is to provide resident care services including assistance with self-administration of medication, to the residents in the Assisted Living area under the supervision of the Resident Services Director (RSD) according to scheduled duties and assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment.
Areas of Responsibility
Able to work full-time or part-time on a regular schedule including overtime or on call as needed. Some weekend, evening and holiday work may be required.
- Able to approach all encounters with residents, employees and visitors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Assist residents with medications as allowed under State guidelines.
- Keep meticulously correct records of care including Medication Observation Record.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, positioning, transfer, mobility, and incontinence care.
- Be familiar with resident service plan and document all services provided according to Allegro policies and state and federal statutory guidelines.
- Report all observations to the RSD and/or Assistant Resident Services Director (ARSD).
- Immediately report any changes in the resident’s condition to the RSD or ARSD.
- Establish good working relationship with residents through ongoing use of Allegro Policies.
- Work closely with and maintain daily communications with the Resident Services staff to ensure continuity of care and services is maintained for the residents.
- Meet customer service standards in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner with resident satisfaction a priority.
- Collect laundry, and distribute linens and personal laundry and make beds and straighten up apartments in accordance with community procedures.
- Encourage and remind residents to attend and participate in daily activities.
- Participate in resident activities and lead resident activities as needed.
- Assist in properly maintaining and safeguarding all equipment in the Assisted Living area and ensure that work areas are clean and safe.
- Understand and follow health, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assist residents with their supportive devices.
- Answer telephone appropriately following Allegro policy.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the RSD.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident’s behavior. Report all signs to the RSD following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the RSD as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff, or Community information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical/Sensory Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with senior adults.
- Certification in CPR and first aid preferred or as required by the State.
- May be a Licensed or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Nursing Assistant (NA), depending on the state requirements; if licensed or certified, must be in good standing with the state licensing or certifying agency.
- Must possess current Medication Training certification.
- Basic keyboarding and familiarity with personal computers and programs preferred.
- Must have adaptability/flexibility, especially as it relates to resident services; good decision-making/judgment abilities, attention to detail and ability to prioritize. Must have initiative and be a self-starter.
- Teamwork and good listening skills essential.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and state officials and the general public.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; employees are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Able to lift and carry loads up to 30 pounds;
- Able to walk, reach , sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and stand for long periods of time;
- Able to grasp, with fine hand coordination;
- Able to push and pull;
- Able to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures;
- Able to read and write;
- Able to communicate with residents and personnel;
- Able to remain calm under stressful conditions;
- Able to hear and respond to emergency and call system of residents.
ALLEGRO SENIOR LIVING - 20 months ago