American Express Meetings & Events offers best-in-class capabilities to deliver powerful meetings experiences. Our approach enables clients to consistently achieve business results, maximize saving opportunities and leverage greater transparency with each specific meeting or event.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Functions as primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs.
- Manage corporate meetings and events through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives and execution of logistics, while effectively working with clients. Events will be at the executive and C level and require white glove servicing.
- Responsible for coordination of all program planning from post contract execution to final billing, while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all travel programs.
- Works closely with client contact to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes.
- The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs.
- Will vary from client to client and program to program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Provide high touch servicing to C level and executive meetings and events.
- Complete project timeline; establishes a work flow schedule with client and suppliers to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details.
- Utilizes business program management system to manage program from contract turn-over meeting to final bill completion.
- Manages and negotiates any additional hotel needs, destination management company (DMC), air and all third party contracts. Monitors attrition dates, cancellation policies and ensures contracted services are executed.
- Communicates between Information Technology support and clients for web requirements on assigned programs.
- Works with creative team to produce program materials.
- Coordinates and may attend site inspections as needed.
- Coordinates all program details and produces a program itinerary / working agenda that outlines all program specifics and requirements.
- May conduct program debrief with client.
- Works with accounting to complete final bill, reviews final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
- Maintains accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Evaluates program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement.
- Partners with designated team to communicate registration and air needs, status meetings and continuous communication throughout program.
- Able to assist with any level of event including those of a complex nature, large volume, high level of confidentiality, international scope, etc.
- Provides leadership to team and promotes positive team environment as a positive role model. Maintains proactive, positive, open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
- Acts as lead, communicates program requirements to team as needed; works closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
- Partners with third party suppliers to arrange their services.
- Conducts regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation, and ensures program objectives are executed.
- May be requested to manage VIP special projects and oversee VIP logistics.
- Develops strong relationships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations. Mentor Meeting Managers and Meeting Coordinators showing best practice approaches.
- Acts as SME for American Express M&E Team to ensure consistency and training for all.
- Assist with training and development of employees regarding SOP's, client processes and requirements and individual training needs.
- Lead other Meeting Managers and Meeting Coordinators regarding daily inquiries.
- May participate in client presentations as requested.
- May provide back-up support for Director or Operations Manager.
- Review processes and offer solutions/additions as needed.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
- Manages overall program budget, reviews and audits all program related billing for accuracy. Tracks and reports expenses to clients and communicates changes to them on a consistent basis.
- May initiates and reconcile supplier payments.
- Works with leader to forecast overall program financials and ensure monthly tracking for actual.
- Monitor foreign exchange rates for sharp fluctuations which may impact the budget.
- Assists in review of other Meeting Manager budgets.
- Liaise with C level and Executive offices at the direction of the Director and/or Ops Manager
- Works on special projects as assigned by the Director or Operations Manager
- May require travel to destinations worldwide, in support of client site inspections and/or program operations.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain key client and supplier relationships
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology and/or software solutions
- Handling multiple projects/demands effectively.
- At least 5-7 years of past meeting planning skills are required for a Senior Meeting Manager and 3-5 Years for a Meeting Manager
- Proven experience in managing C level and Executive Meetings and Events, 7+ years preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and professional with executive and C level management and clients
- Appearance needs to always be neat and professional
- Ability to work accurately and timely – in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and handle change well
- Analytical skills required
- Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel experience – Intermediate level
- Advanced oral and written presentation skills required
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car up to 50%
- 4 year degree preferred
- CMP desired
- Experience with meeting industry technology a plus
Primary Location: United States
American Express - 5 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...