Function as primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Manage corporate meetings and events through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives and execution of logistics, while effectively working with clients. Negotiate critical program components based on knowledge of client requirements from initial request to contract negotiations and execution to logistics planning and bill reconciliation, while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all programs. Works closely with client contact to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. Follow standard operating procedures for sourcing and planning. The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs. Scope of work will vary from client-to-client and program-to-program. Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
LEADERSHIP AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Review meeting request and conduct meeting qualification call with client. Complete project timeline and program itinerary/working agenda; establish workflow schedule to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details.
- Develop and implement program and profit/negotiation strategy to achieve best price and/or enhancement consideration with suppliers, supporting the specific needs of the client.
- Utilize knowledge of domestic and international destinations to recommend appropriate sites. Maintain knowledge of new destination options, value-priced destination options and promotional offerings.
- Gather all the information necessary to properly source and place an event on behalf of a client, including standard availability grids from designated technology tool.
- Initiate RFP process to secure appropriate room blocks, logistical event needs, and pricing from hotels and other suppliers.
- Qualify proposals to determine if appropriate and competitive.
- Negotiate and confirm critical program components with supplier(s) and team, utilizing basic terms and conditions, and/or modifying pre-existing master policies to meet individual client requirements.
- Meet client deadline providing availability grid based on client standards, and review with client and team.
- Track supplier option dates and follows-up with team members and suppliers of program status.
- Review all supplier contracts prior to finalization, ensure both program specific and generic terms and conditions are accurate and legally protective of both American Express M&E and the client, including attrition dates, cancellation policies, etc. Use appropriate authorization and addendum form to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Create meeting records in the designated meeting management system, and complete all internal documentation for the program prior to turnover.
- Conduct additional negotiations with supplier(s), such as DMC companies, and all other third party suppliers, pre and post-sale, to improve costs, profitability and/or terms of targeted program components.
- May participate in program re-negotiations or cancellation negotiations, as required.
- Determine program needs for web registration including site content e.g. data capture of hotel nights, meal selections, guest information, class choices, etc. Lead event owner through process of reviewing site to ensure all data is correct and assist with communication to attendees. Work with creative team to produce program materials.
- Coordinate and possibly attend site inspections as needed. Travel on-site for events if necessary, hire travel staff, manage logistics for on-site staff, etc.
- Work with accounting to complete final bill, review final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
- Maintain accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Evaluate program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement. Conduct debrief discussion with client as needed.
- Able to assist with any level of event including those of a complex nature, large volume, high level of confidentiality, international scope, etc.
- Work closely with client to ensure program objectives are addressed; maintain proactive, open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
- Maintain open and on-going communication with team regarding supplier utilization, key negotiations, performance and unique programming ideas. Advise team on preferred hotels and help direct decisions to those hotels participating in the Preferred Program.
- Partner with third party suppliers to understand and negotiate their services as needed. Advise team members as appropriate regarding new or revised information from suppliers.
- Work closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
- Conduct regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation. Ensure program objectives are executed.
- Develop strong relationships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations.
- Review processes and offer solutions/additions as needed.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting; Maintain accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Manage overall program budget, review and audit all program related billing for accuracy. Track and report expenses and cost savings to clients and communicate changes on a consistent basis.
- May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
- Work with leader to forecast overall program financials to ensure monthly tracking for actual spend.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Qualifications
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Operations Manager or Team Leader.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain key client and supplier relationships
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology and/or software solutions
- Handle multiple projects/demands effectively
- May require travel to destinations worldwide in support of client site inspections and/or program operations.
Educational requirement: 4 year degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project, event or meeting management, at least 2 of which are in procurement required
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of domestic hotels and destinations required, international a plus
- Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and supplier relationships
- Prior experience in effectively handling multiple projects/demands
- Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance
- Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management and clients.
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to work accurately and timely – in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and handle change well
- Analytical skills required
- Intermediate oral and written presentation skills required
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
- CMP designation preferred
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
If the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
American Express - 12 days ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...