This position will report to the Head of Global Meeting Services and represents Global Meeting Services to ensure that it is viewed by Executive Management, staff, and AIG businesses as a best-in-class meeting and event planning partner able to achieve the unique business objectives of each event, keeping customer needs and company goals upper most in mind. Ensure that all events are well-managed from a financial and resource standpoint and excel in logistical execution, total implementation, and presentation.
The meeting planner will plan, administer and execute events on behalf of AIG, including recommending sites, conducting pre-event on-site planning trips, participating in program and script development, conducting rehearsals, designing event “look and feel” through staging, audio/visuals, and music, directing backstage operations, as well as all other needed logistics (i.e. air and ground transportation, food and beverage planning and meeting communications).
• Provide hands-on event project planning and logistics for select training, client and executive-level meetings
• Identifies key supplier relationships and manages the ongoing supplier relationships to achieve significant cost savings and process efficiencies
• Create event budget plans, provides regular oversight and management of the same with accountability for variances, and driving savings
• Assist in promotional product orders for meetings/events
• Utilizes management level reporting tools and templates through StarCite
• Driving best-practices throughout the organization
• 3 or more years of event planning or convention services experience (as in-house planner, independent planner, convention services staff, or third-party intermediary)
• 2 or more years of hotel and convention center contract negotiation experience
• Demonstrated on-site event staff leadership
• Financial forecasting and trending experience in the hospitality industry
• Bachelor’s degree (hospitality related degree or BBA preferred)
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Exceptional technology skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Some travel required
• Proven track record of strong staff leadership, continuous improvement and project management
• Project management oriented approach to event planning, with specific emphasis on project planning and process mapping skills
• Detailed understanding of event and conference contract terms and conditions such as attrition and concessions, and the ability to draft and negotiate such terms and conditions
• Planned and managed multiple events with specific focus on incentive events, training events or CEO-level meetings and events.
• Experience with technology that supports event planning (StarCite or Cvent) is a plus
• Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), Certification of Meeting Management (CMM), Project Management Professional (PMP) or other industry relevant certifications or designations are a plus
• Ability to be poised under pressure, flexible with time constraints and changing schedules, and able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
American International Group - 9 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...