We are searching for the right candidate to join our team as a Corporate Meeting
Planner. This position will be based in our Corporate Scottsdale Arizona office.
This position is responsible for all activities related to event planning for the
executive team, the board of directors, and the Corporate Office. The ideal candidate
must demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and be responsive
to the needs of our internal and external customers. The Meeting Planner will report
directly to the Executive Assistant.
- Manage assigned projects in the area of meeting/event planning for a variety of
meetings, conferences and workshops, both with internal and external clients.
- Track budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries
and reconcile event bills.
- Ensure all logistical details including room set-up, audio visual, transportation,
housing, and food and beverage for meetings are planned effectively.
- Negotiate contracts with such service providers and suppliers as hotels, convention
centers, and speakers including negotiating and establishing corporate / national
- Participate in the strategic planning process for all meetings and events to ensure
continual improvement and quality customer service.
- Monitor timelines for multiple events.
- Assist in the development of presentation materials.
- Own all administrative duties related to ensuring a successful meeting, including
but not limited to room reservation, supply inventory, set-up and clean-up of meeting
space, communication to meeting participants, schedule travel and accommodations,
create itineraries and agendas, etc.
- Direct work in special event or conference planning
- Direct work with a series of national, regional, or local meetings
- Prior contract negotiations experience with national hotels and vendors
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Certified Meeting Planner or qualified to take CMP exam, or equivalent experience
- Availability to travel to at least 3 workshops or meetings per year
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Strong capability with Microsoft Office products (e.g. work, excel, power point,
- Self motivated individual with ability to work independently and take initiative
to accomplish goals and objectives
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US:
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the
customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career
development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive
benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Taylor Morrison - 22 months ago