The purpose of this position is to provide a high level of strategic, consultative meeting planning expertise for all aspects of the global meeting planning relationships required by Takeda Company including the program management, planning, budget, third party relationships, meeting execution and program close-out tasks. Guide management at all levels to complete necessary objectives related to meetings and travel. Independently supervise and manage vendors and temporary staff to complete tasks related to project. This position may act as the full-service planner or use third parties to meet the business needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Independently provide consultative guidance to US and Global based clients to define, develop, execute and manage meeting strategy to achieve meeting goals and expectations.
- Builds, maintains and influences relationships with internal business clients. High degree of interaction with senior executives. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive/critical data.
- Proactively anticipates the needs of the client, identifies and addresses potential issues, makes well reasoned decisions to propos e effective solutions and/or give direction to resolve the issue to ensure a positive end result.
- Adapts meeting support strategy to meet unique requirements in a multi-national meeting environment specific to cultural diversity , varying currencies, fluctuating political climates, language barriers and time zone differences.
- Provides meeting leadership and recommends/advises client of all meeting required venue, logistics and ancillary services to ensure a successful outcome including but not limited to; audiovisual and presentation management, attendance management, cost proposals, budget reconciliations, timelines, program evaluations and follow-up.
- Develops, manages and monitors detailed meeting budgets, control documents and financial data reports/analysis.
- Manages post-event activities that include invoice management and program assessment from the event delivery perspective.
- Manages external vendor relationships and clearly communicates all agreements and directives. Holds vendors accountable for strictly adhering to all domestic and international compliance policies and the successful execution of all logistical details. Monitors and manages performance of suppliers to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Accountable for risk management associated with ensuring all aspects of meeting logistics are in compliance with Takeda corporate policies
- Negotiates all meeting venue related contract terms and conditions to minimize risk and cost to Takeda
- Generates ideas and applies innovative approaches that create value for the business meeting venue.
- Provides meeting planning best practice training for administrative assistants responsible for planning and coordinating travel and local meetings.
- Support special projects to support the overall corporate strategy, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible professional meeting planning experience in a corporate and/or service provider environment or 11 years of progressively responsible meeting planning experience in a corporate or consulting environment
- Consultative approach and experience in: program management, planning, detailed program budgets, third party relationships, meeting execution, contract negotiations, and risk management
- 3 years International Meeting Planning experience excluding the Americas
- Must include experience with multi-national meetings.
- Pharmaceutical meeting planning experience highly desirable.
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent, confident interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate collaborative style and consultative approach with ability to recommend influence/ negotiate.
- Demonstrates sound experience in efficiently managing multiple global meetings of significant complexity.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage ongoing conflicting work load demands of both planned and short lead time requests in a fast paced environment
- Strong project and process management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, competing priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Ability to be self directed and work independently
- Ability to identify and solve problems through innovative approach and proven problem solving skills
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment in making sound decisions when needed
- Ability to drive or fly to various meetings
- Ability to lift up to 25lb boxes
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- 50% - 60% Overnight Travel including International destinations; must be able to work flexible hours including occasionally weekends and evenings
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals - 21 months ago