Member Care Advocate I
The Member Care Team is empowered employees actively engaged at all levels: self, department, organization and community. Teammates, who are accountable with defined expectations, are the drivers of this environment. Each employee is an owner of this experience and commits to its success.
Member Care hours are Monday- Friday 7:30 am-6:00pm and Saturday 9am-1pm. Weekly schedules vary and include a minimum of one Saturday a month.
Responsible for responding to member calls, processing member requests and providing first touch call resolution for all member inquiries while actively cross-selling credit union products and services to further enhance the member experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Member Care, the Member Care Advocate I, has the responsibility to perform the following essential functions:
- Actively engages members by cross-selling credit union products and services.
- Consistently provides one touch call resolution for member inquiries
- Adheres to all Member Care and credit union procedures and policies.
- Responsible for staying abreast with all updated policies and procedures.
- Accountable for achieving established performance goals and metrics.
- Consistently adheres to all quality expectations to ensure accuracy and the delivery of a world class member experience.
- Arrives to work on time, prepared and ready to assist members.
- Provides friendly, professional, courteous support to members and peers.
- Displays a cooperative, energetic, respectful attitude.
- Promotes a positive work environment by providing open, honest, constructive feedback with practical recommendations.
- Offers meaningful assistance and support to all areas of Member Care team.
- Actively pursues opportunities for learning, growth and additional training needs.
- Commit to achieving individual, team and organization goals.
- Searches and recommends viable process improvements.
- Communicate with leadership team on a consistent basis
- Professionally represent the Member Care team by participating in meetings, projects and all credit union events.
- Engages in team, organizational and community initiatives.
- Responsible for completing all required training in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
- Other: performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
Ability to apply common sense understanding of financial transactions and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
Ability to solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Explorer; 10 key skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and procedure manuals.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members and other employees of the organization.
Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 6-12 months related experience required.
- Customer Service, banking, and/or call center experience preferred.
In performing the above responsibilities, the Member Care Advocate I, maintains the following relationships:
1. Supervisor of Member Care
The incumbent is accountable to the Supervisor of Member Care for interpreting and fulfilling the above responsibilities and others, which may be assigned.
2. Internal and External Customer/Member Relationships
As a service organization with a commitment to quality service, it is the responsibility of each employee to provide prompt, courteous, accurate, and professional service to both internal and external customers.
GTEFINANCIAL reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
GTE Financial - 9 months ago