Supervises teller functions, operations area including hiring, performance management, reviews and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with operational procedures. Responsible for audit scores. Supports branch sales and service goals by training, coaching and developing branch staff. Provide on the spot coaching to tellers relevant to member referrals, sales and operational integrity. Resolves escalated issues keeping Branch Manager informed. Assumes managerial duties in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Supervises: Tellers and Lead Tellers
Contacts: Credit Union members, merchants, vendors, other financial
institutions, miscellaneous Bellco departments and
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience is required
Experience: Prefer 2+ years teller / operations experience.
One year sales and customer service preferably in financial services.
Supervisory/lead/coaching experience required.
Skills: Strong operational skills.
Sales and service skills.
Coaching and training abilities.
Willingness and ability to sell products and services and to coach others to do so.
Ability to achieve Level B underwriting authority within 6 months of accepting the position and Level A authority within 1 year.
Clear communication, both verbal and written.
Ability to work independently without supervision
Can accurately and efficiently enter data and update
member financial records via computer terminal.
Ability to accurately maintain a teller drawer.
Knowledge of computer programs ex. Excel and Word
Additions or modifications to these requirements may be
made as needed to maintain service levels to members.
Equipment: On-line computer/P.C. terminal keyboard and mouse with visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, computer printer, ATM, check signer, check filmer and security alarms.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Supervise teller staff including hiring, performance management, conducting monthly one-on-ones, writing reviews and making salary recommendations.
- Manage operations of the branch, including responsibility for audit scores. Ensure compliance with Operational Procedure Manuals. Ensure monthly branch audits are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Produce daily, weekly & monthly audit reports.
- Create a positive sales and service environment by training, coaching and developing branch staff.
- Delegate daily and weekly operational task to high potential direct reports for staff development and growth.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly teller sales and referrals - actuals vs. goals.
- Coach tellers on how to identify potential cross sell opportunities.
- Coach tellers on how to refer and transition members to the financial specialist.
- Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities using strong sales/referral skills. Increases branch market penetration by promoting relationship rewards program.
- Represent Bellco in a professional and friendly manner by practicing Bellco Quality Service Standards and sales behaviors in all interactions with members, prospective members and Bellco personnel.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of all financial products and services.
- Track and report sales and operational productivity.
- Conduct meetings and branch training programs.
- Perform scheduling of all branch personnel.
- Act as backup and provide support to branch manager.
- perform teller duties as needed.
In order to meet the financial service needs of our members, position may necessitate changes in hours or location.
Bellco requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance.