State Department Federal Credit Union fosters an organizational culture based on teamwork, recognition and personal development. Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia with assets exceeding $1 billion dollars, the opportunities for growth abound. We take pride in providing our employees with opportunities to grow and be challenged through a variety of internal training and workshops. Our employees are in turn rewarded with the recognition they deserve and the opportunity to advance. Join our team and benefit from competitive salaries, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, & Vision Plans the first day after 30 days of employment, matched 401K plan including 3% contribution by SDFCU, an Education Reimbursement Program and monetary compensation for travel.
We are currently seeking a full time Member Service Representative I to join the team in our Call Center, located in Old Town Alexandria. The candidate must be dependable, be able to multi-task, have strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to work as a self-motivated team player in a dynamic and challenging work environment. The incumbent will also posses excellent phone etiquette, exceptional service skills and the ability to identify member needs in order to recommend and sell SDFCU products and services that meet those needs. This is a fast paced, goal oriented environment with weekly, monthly and annual production, service and sale goals. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and as a team member to meet and exceed personal and departmental goals.
This position requires working weekends on a rotational basis and may require working extended hours, as our call center operates until 6:00 pm. Regular and reliable attendance is critical to be successful in this role.
- One year customer service experience with proven sales and service skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound calls efficiently
- Professional phone manner and good, clear speaking voice
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, with demonstrated listening skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and analytical skills
- Ability to utilize a Windows software environment
- Accurate typing of 35 w.p.m. desired
- Ability to write effectively with attention to grammar and composition
- Good organizational and time management skills