Under direct supervision, utilizing a computerized system, provides assistance to internal and external clients by handling a high volume of calls covering the full range of member services in a prompt and professional manner. Interprets, translates, explains, and provides applicable, accurate, and appropriate information with respect to basic products and services. Effectively communicates information during the initial call to minimize the need for future contact and escalation or requests assistance in order to provide complete resolution and member satisfaction.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and competent delivery of all University Federal products and services by phone and through other electronic delivery channels.
- Is knowledgeable of and able to successfully process, under direct supervision: Requests for lines of credit, wire transfers, requests for ATM/debit/credit cards, sales referral slips, loan corrections, check stop-payments, quality improvement.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills by treating others with respect, courtesy, and displaying a “what can I do to help” attitude.
- Consistently meets or exceeds goals.
- Provides an excellent member experience by relating well to the member, proactively selling products and services that benefit the member, thinking and exercising sound judgment, and acting responsibly in the member's and the Credit Union's best interests.
- Initiates outbound calls to market and sell new and existing CU products.
- Accurately performs transactions in response to member requests and displays professional telephone etiquette.
- Takes independent action to solve routine problems and generate new ideas.
- Recognizes areas of opportunity, systematically gathers information, sorts through information to address root cause of issues and makes timely decisions.
- Asks for assistance, when needed, to address more complex issues.
- Consistently meets deadlines, call volume and efficiency requirements.
- Effectively manages inbound calls in addition to other member-facing duties.
- Telephone statistics and sales goals must be maintained as a part of the job duty.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months call center experience preferred. Minimum 6 months sales or related experience required. Six (6) months or more of demonstrated proficiency utilizing applicable software required.
- Able to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from callers
- Able to listen and effectively communicate by phone
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and time management
- Proven ability to multi-task, such as toggling between computer applications while speaking on the phone with our members
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Windows environment coupled with the ability to operate office equipment
- Bilingual in Spanish desired
University Federal Credit Union - 10 months ago