The Member Services Coordinator is a full-time position (12 month) that assists with the development and administration of facility operations and services that contribute to the Campus Recreation and Student Affairs mission and vision.
The position is responsible for providing, oversight and coordination of front line facility staff including program registration, check in staff, equipment check out, and massage. The position will require evening and weekend work.
The position requires representation of the Department of Campus Recreation in a fair, consistent, cooperative and positive manner in accordance with Department and University policy. The position reports to the Associate Director of Facilities and Services.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and dependents; access to campus and recreational activities; state retirement; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise Campus Recreation Customer Service staff including the following:
Serve on departmental and University committees as assigned/requested.
- Customer Service Registration and Check In Attendants
- Equipment Check Out Attendants
- Massage Therapists
- Student Coordinator
- Motivate and lead employees to ensure customer service exceeds expectations.
- Train, coach, supervise, and evaluate all staff. Schedule and approve time, and ensure compliance with payroll processes and budgets.
- Manage various facility services including membership sales, locker rental, towel and laundry services, equipment check-out, massage, and retail sales.
- Develop on-going promotional effort to increase membership and locker sales, massage program, and other departmental programs and services.
- Effectively communicate all pertinent department and program specific information to staff members.
- Direct weekly and/or monthly meetings.
- Coordinate semester training and evaluations for staff.
Oversee operation of RecTrac and MainTrac software systems.
- Assist in budget development and equipment purchasing for Facilities division.
- Uphold University of Arizona policies and procedures, such as FERPA training, security awareness training, and sexual harassment training.
- Promote diversity, inclusion, awareness, responsibility and collaboration.
- Build relationships with on and off campus entities.
- Implement/enforce departmental policies and procedures.
- Continue professional development by involvement in professional organizations, presenting at workshops and conferences, participating in regular continuing education and serving on regional and national committees.
Other duties as assigned.
- Enter all programmatic and facility related information each semester.
- Troubleshoot errors as needed.
- Provide on-going training to staff to ensure software is used in most efficient manner.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed accurately by regularly auditing sales reports.
- Authorize and ensure validity of customer order cancellations, returns, exchanges, check authorizations, voids, and discretion discounts.
- Assist other staff members with special events and programs as requested by the department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience in recreation operations
- Interpret and apply industry standard practices in regards to recreation.
- Staff supervision, hiring, evaluation, and/or training
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Interact with people in a positive manner
- Enforce necessary performance standards
- Identify and initiate work projects and function independently.
- Think analytically and evaluate possible solutions.
- Prioritize and arrange job assignments.
- Work with difficult people and maintain professional demeanor.
- Ability to enforce all facility policies with a wide variety of patrons.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
Bachelor's degree in Library Science or related field AND two years experience in library science, fundraising or market research; OR, six years experience in library science, fundraising or market research; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in in Exercise Physiology, Health Education, Physical Education, Sports Management, Recreation, Education or related field.
- Two years of professional level related customer service/campus recreation experience which includes one year supervisory experience/student development
- Current CPR, AED, First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogens certifications.
- Arizona Driver's License or ability to obtain within 30 days
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Master's degree in in Exercise Physiology, Health Education, Physical Education, Sports Management, Recreation, Education or related field.
- Experience with Vermont Systems Software including RecTrac and MainTrac.
- CPR-PR certification
- American Red Cross Certified Instructor for CPR, CPR-PR, AED, and First Aid.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is security sensitive due to title or department and requires a finger-print criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Administrative and Professional
University of Arizona - 30+ days ago