As you continue your career in financial services, a
Member Services Counselor at A+FCU would be an
exceptional step in that career path.
A+ Federal Credit Union's Mission is to fulfill dreams
through life-long financial partnerships. Your role, as
the successful candidate, would be to work directly with
members and prospective members to promote the Credit
Union's goals, and establish effective relationships.
Your duties in this initiative, would be to:
appropriate solutions, and close the sale.
- Identify members’ financial needs, recommend
including questions about rates, products and
- Assist members with account and product inquiries,
interaction, utilizing all tools available,
- Cross-sell appropriate products during member
including credit reports.
close loans (where applicable).
- Interview applicants, input loan applications, and
- Be knowledgeable of and utilize policies and
opening and closing, where offered.
- Perform stop payments and wire transfers.
- Safe Deposit Box responsibilities include entry,
established for the achievement of increasing retail
- Consistently meet or exceed individual goals
services per member and promoting the Credit Union's
processes in order to answer general questions.
- Be knowledgeable of the credit union industry and
information to branch team.
- Notary Public as needed.
- Serve on Credit Union committees and communicate
members, as needed.
- Operate and balance cash drawer as needed.
- Perform shared branching transactions for guest
(opening, balancing and closing)
- Follow debit card instant issue procedures daily
- Verify signature cards and loan documents for
and community/education events.
- Actively participate in outside business development
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Minimum of one year financial institution experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent people skills and be sales and
manage potential confrontations, as necessary.
- Problem solving and research abilities.
- Ability to interface with the general public and
policies/procedures and products/services, credit
- Strong knowledge of financial institution
working knowledge of lending regulations, procedures
- Some branch office locations may require a strong
- Ability to complete title work.
A+ Federal Credit Union was founded in 1949 by a group of 50 teachers during a picnic meeting at Zilker Park in Austin.