Job Title: Member Services Representative Trainee
Reports To: Counseling Supervisor
Department: Member Counseling
Division: Member Services
Target Salary: $14.70 per hour/$30,576.00 per year
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Number of Openings: 4
Accepting Applications: 5/13/13 through 5/20/13
This position will successfully complete training and transition into answering inbound telephone inquiries and provide information for members, benefit recipients, and others regarding OPERS benefits and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional duties may be assigned :
1. Partner with assigned mentor to respond to inbound telephone inquiries from member, benefit recipients, and others regarding all OPERS benefits and services.
2. Promotes self-service and benefit awareness by promoting resources such as the Member Benefits System and the OPERS website, and providing assistance in navigation of those sites
3. Gathers necessary information to enable other internal departments to process requests and refers inquiries when necessary.
4. Provides benefit information necessary for members to make informed life-path decisions regarding benefit selection, account changes, etc.
5. Actively participate in classroom, online, individual training, assignments and assessments.
6. Works to improve the integrity of member account data by verifying and updating member account information during every interaction.
7. Fosters a strong customer service and team-oriented work environment.
8. Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Some college-level course work preferred.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school a plus
- Internal opportunity policy applies. Please contact the Talent Acquisition team for details.
- Minimum of one year related experience in a telephone customer response center or related customer service experience.
- For internal candidates: satisfactory attendance and schedule adherence as defined in company/department guidelines.
- For internal candidates: demonstrated ability in such areas as Customer Service, Productivity and Communication.
- Complete assessments and assignments timely.
- Transition into MSR position within a 12 month period
- Takes ownership by following through and ensuring timely and quality service.
- Strong customer services skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
If repetitive physical movement is required to perform the essential functions of the position, please discuss with HR
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required.
OPERS - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -