Tevis Insurance Solutions is a California Insurance Brokerage Firm based in Roseville and Los Angeles, CA specializing in Employee Benefits for Large and Small Business. Tevis offers a complete range of Products and Services including Fully Insured Plans, Alternative Funding (including Self Insured & Level Funding) Programs, Cost-containment Benefit Strategies and Employee Advocate Hotline.
High End Boutique Broker currently seeks Member Services representative to support regional premier accounts
Acts as a benefit advocate for our clients. Helps resolve employee benefit issues, as well as educate our clients on how to better utilize their benefit plans by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles inbound calls on an ACD Queue system.
- Assists clients and employees with various claims and benefit issues.
- Communicates with employers, employees, and medical providers to resolve benefit issues.
- Helps educate client employees on how to maximize their plan benefits.
- Documents all activities to insure accurate reporting of plan issues.
- Provides timely resolution of issue.
- Presents a knowledgeable, professional, and helpful image on behalf of the company.
- Respond to all phone calls and inquiries no later than 24 hours after receipt.
- Handles other duties and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Supervisor or Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Team Work - Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Education and/or Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 - 5 years insurance carrier related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Life Agent License is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as summary plan descriptions, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and Database software.
TevisHR - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard