Assist the health plan in establishing a presence in the community; educate the members about the managed care services provided via the health plan and how to access them; community outreach.
Equivalent to high school education, previous managed care or social services work experience preferred. At least two years experience in a social services setting. Bilingual ability a plus.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Some states may require Community Health Worker certification, CPR certification, and/or bi-lingual.
- Educate members about the managed care services provided by the health plan.
- Teach members how to access this care.
- Document pertinent findings and activities in CCMS.
- Order, deliver and teach members on use of a Connections Plus™ cell phone.
- Participate in community events and meetings, organizing your area and hand-outs.
- Scheduling and completing home visits for noncompliance issues, informational visits, often with unstable members or unfriendly circumstances; assist with ED diversion program.
- Conduct targeted phone calls for compliance, preventive health, health risk assessments, etc.
- Follow-up with the person requesting “high-risk” member referrals for Agency/Physician/Field provider or case manage.
- Assist in finding and connecting members to community social services/agencies.
- Coordinate and implement Start Smart Baby Showers, Diaper Days and other Start Smart initiatives.
- Assist with special projects and surveys as deemed necessary.
- Ability to travel throughout your designated region.
Centene Corporation - 11 months ago
Centene is sensitive to the needs of individuals and families enrolled in government-assisted health programs. The company provides managed...