Auto req ID: |
Area of Interest:
00554 Denver Tech - CO
8351 E. Belleview Avenue
Job Classification: Non-exempt.
As a brand ambassador, a Membership Counselor (MC) represents 24 Hour Fitness to prospective members ensuring they have a welcoming, informative, and enjoyable experience during their club visits ultimately leading to purchasing a membership.
- Execute 24 Hour business processes that bring to life our “Easy and Accessible Fitness” brand promise by showing potential members how we are Easy to Join and Easy to Use our clubs are.
- Contribute to achieving club membership goals by meeting or exceeding personal new member enrollment targets and supporting fellow MCs in a true team environment.
- Responsible for enthusiastically helping create a club climate that supports our Changing Peoples’ Lives Through Fitness.
- Responsible for upholding 24 Hour Fitness’ core values of ACHIEVE: Accountability, Connected, High Expectations, Integrity, Energize, Versatility, and Enjoy What You Do.
Reports to the Membership Manager (MM) or Club Manager (CM). This position does not have any direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The MC is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Club Tours & Presentations [50% of time]
- Create a great guest experience by delivering a personalized, guest-centric “Sell Well” Tour.
- Inspire guests to purchase memberships. Turn every guest club visit into a new member relationship by listening to guests’ goals, presenting 24 Hour Fitness in a way that best connects with them, and establishing trust in 24 Hour Fitness through transparent pricing, open dialogue, and passion for fitness.
- Integrate how personal training can play a vital role in achieving fitness goals with 100% of prospective new members.
- Present the opportunity to purchase fitness with 100% of new memberships.
Member and Prospective Member Service and Follow-up [50% of time]
- Create an outstanding member experience; follow up with current members to see if they are achieving their fitness goals. Serve as a resource for their questions or concerns, and put them in touch with the right 24HF resources as appropriate to ensure members are getting to their fitness goals.
- Generate leads/new business through member promotions, leads, referrals, and guest passes.
- Manage and follow-up on 100% of Web Leads, e-mail referrals, Missed Guests, and any other referrals.
- Maintain current knowledge and awareness of marketing campaigns in order to effectively communicate to members and prospective members.
- Help deliver on our Service Promise of a clean, friendly, and well-maintained club.
- As a contributing team member, assist the front desk as necessary allowing members to receive a friendly greeting/check-in and prompt attention to their needs.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of sales practices and techniques
- General understanding of Fitness Industry
- Ability to work with computers
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player
Certifications / Educational Level:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must complete company sales training and orientation programs
- 1-2 years sales experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs
- Must be able to type, use the telephone and computer mouse
- Job requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and stair climbing
- Must be able to demonstrate proper fitness techniques
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....