The Membership Sales Manager services guests, as well as new and existing member with equal priority, and ensures that all Membership Representatives have the training, skills and motivation to do the same. They generate excitement and interest in club systems and procedures that focus on generating new members and retaining existing members. They will actively recruit, train and lead a team of Membership Representatives that will do the same. The Membership Sales Director will work in conjunction with the club Management Team to assist the GM in 3 major functions: building the dues base to targeted level, building the average sales per member to targeted levels and assisting with member retention.
- Maintains a strong team of Membership Representatives that deliver results.
- Provides continuous sales support, education, and training to all club personnel.
- Provides leadership through expertise in sales, as well as every area of their club.
- The Membership Director must experience each provider, program, and class in each department in their club.
- They require the same of their Membership Representatives.
- Relationships and personal experience will play key roles in selling our brand.
- Know our competition almost as well as they know our clubs.
- Ensure that all new members attend OSO, OSPD appointments, or their equivalent to insure that all members are well integrated into their club.
- As the club leader in this area, you are expected to insure that 100% of our new members receive a personal orientation into the club to make them feel comfortable, welcome and at home in our business.
- Achieve club monthly goals set by GM and Director of Marketing.
- Prospect for new business on a daily basis and ensure that your Membership Representatives are doing the same.
- Keep Membership Sales Representatives motivated and well-educated through daily/weekly/monthly sales meetings and sales education events.
- Invite all club personnel to attend sales training.
- Provide all statistical and reporting information to GM and Director of Sales and Marketing on a timely basis.
- Maintain daily logs of tours, information calls, and guests to follow-up on, and track your progress with General Manager daily.
- Record all prospects in RCM Prospect Maintenance, or in CRM too, and ensure that Membership Representatives do the same.
- Ensure each prospect and every sale is sourced appropriately, and that sources are reported accurately to marketing department.
- Ensure that all Membership Representatives are asking for source information and recording that information accordingly.
- Work together as a TEAM with all departments.
- Spend a minimum of 1 hour per day visiting local businesses, associations, groups, etc. to generate interest in memberships and programs. Use this time to train/ re-train your Membership Rep team also.
- Develop relationships and ask for referrals from current members. You are expected to generate an average of 3 referrals for every new sale you close.
- Promote additional service and product sales at POS. You are expected to generate a minimum of 25% ancillary sales within your POS totals
- Empower and educate current members on the benefits of other services available throughout the club.
- Brainstorm and devise ideas and strategies for increasing sales and retention with your General Manager; play a role in the marketing focus of the region.
- Provide ongoing feedback to your GM regarding reasons that guests do not join.
- Maximizes retention in their facility to maintain attrition rate at 30% or lower.
- Oversees both new and current members relative to usage and success of their membership with Club One.
- Calls new and current members regularly to insure usage and satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots any problems along the way, with sensitivity to other departments.
- Be responsive to member feed back. Follow up with member within 48 hours when needed.
- Be the club "good will" ambassador. Say, "Hi!" and smile when greeting members both at the service desk and through out the club.
- Keep club information up to date
- Help out the front desk, child care, and any other department that needs help.
- Make sure the club is well stocked and really clean!
Minimum Job Requirements:
2 years of sales experience; 2 years of management experience
Communication skills, basic computer skills, phone etiquette, customer service orientated, committed to fitness industry/ environment
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.:
Supervisory responsibility, if any:
Membership Sales Department
Fitness club environment
Club One - 12 months ago
Club One, Inc. offers you a future full of career possibilities. We are committed to hiring, mentoring and retaining energetic, motivated...