The Prospect Park Alliance, working in partnership with City of New York and the community, restores, develops, and operates Prospect Park for the enjoyment of all by caring for the natural environment, preserving historic design, and serving the public through facilities and programs. Prospect Park is Brooklyn’s 585-acre historic flagship park, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux. It is the home of Brooklyn’s only lake and forest, with nature trails, recreational activities, public programs, volunteer opportunities, and the new Lakeside Center, featuring ice and roller skating, a water playground, and restored lake views, scheduled to open in fall 2013.
The Prospect Park Alliance is currently seeking a full-time Membership Manager to join a dynamic and successful development team that raises nearly $4 million annually in operating support and manages government capital grants. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, primary responsibilities include:
The qualified candidate will play a major role in guiding the overall direction of the membership program, help improve systems, help innovate data-driven creative solutions, and work proactively to expand and enhance the membership program.
- Managing and facilitating the growth of the Alliance’s membership and promotional commemorative giving programs, including managing multichannel communications, benefits fulfillment, data analysis, budgets, and member events
- Overseeing donation processing/data entry
- Supervising the Development Assistant
- Assisting the Director of Individual Giving and Development Department as needed
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Non-profit or membership or marketing or managerial experience
- Sharp analytical skills, with an affinity for numbers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interest in development, marketing and/or metrics/analytics
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, commitment to professional growth
- Ability to work, thrive and maintain composure in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to juggle numerous, deadline driven projects
- Availability on some evenings and weekends
- New York State Drivers license
Interested applicants should email or fax a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database software; proficient with databases and data management.
No phone calls please.