Part Time – Hourly
(Must be available for varied shifts)
Be part of our Cause
The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
The YMCA of Orange County has an immediate need for a Membership Representative in the Huntington Area. R esponsible for generating prospects, converting program members, communicating with all members (current & prospective) in a highly professional manner, selling & retaining memberships, answering the telephone, maintaining the database and various clerical tasks assigned. Is also responsible for supporting membership growth and retention through activities to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education & Certifications: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience & Background :
· Data entry experience required
· AA/AS degree or equivalent, sales, marketing, business, communications or related field of study preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and quick ability to learn other computer programs.
· Strong administrative skills.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Strong customer and results orientation.
· Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- 1-2 years experience in sales, marketing, customer service or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and PC ability required.
- Successful customer service, sales and closing ability.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y
*Eligibility requirements, employee handbook and job description to be provided at hire. All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.