JOB TITLE AND CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Membership & Administrative Coordinator, American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating the annual membership recruitment and renewal processes and providing general administrative support to the American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ASGCT) and Executive Director, Inc.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (37.5 hours/week)
1. Provide administrative support and coordination for ASGCT. Responsibilities include: maintaining computer and paper files, drafting Board of Directors meeting materials (agendas, minutes, and supplemental materials), maintaining iMIS and Outlook records, maintaining Committee rosters, and answering informational calls regarding ASGCT.
2. Coordinate EDI and ASGCT administrative procedures, such as cash sheets, check requests, receipts drafting and distributing staff memos, etc.
3. Coordinate ship out for all ASGCT programs, including Annual Meeting and Courses.
4. Oversee department inventory including supplies, letterhead, reference materials and all Annual Meeting supplies.
5. Coordinate the administrative calendar and staff Outlook calendar.
6. Process all Molecular Therapy files for mailing list production and academic manuscript certification forms.
7. Coordinate dues invoicing processes, including renewals and new member recruitment, processing membership applications, membership renewals, answering general membership questions, and coordinating broadcast emails and postal mailings.
8. Coordinate the ASGCT Job Bank by maintaining the online postings, producing the job bank booklet and coordinating the ASGCT Annual Meeting onsite job bank.
9. With Education & Meetings Manager, coordinate registration procedure for ASGCT programs, including overseeing data entry, providing reports to staff, running registration desk at meetings, training on-site registration personnel, as well as coordinating materials to be distributed to participants (inserts, flyers, etc.).
10. With Executive Director and Marketing Manager, create and implement annual membership recruitment and retention plan.
11. With Education & Meetings Manager, organize annual member welcome reception at the Annual Meeting.
12. With Senior Program Manager and Executive Director, coordinate committee appointment process for scientific and standing committees.
13. With Executive Director, create and implement a Board and committee leadership succession plan.
14. With Executive Director, create and implement a mentoring and support program for Associate Members and junior investigators.
15. Staff liaison to ASGCT Membership and New Investigator Committees.
16. Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1 week per year; some weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelors degree. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Writing and organizational skills are essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example – lifting, packaging, etc.) Lifting and walking distances required.