How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. |
The University of Michigan is seeking a highly skilled Volunteer Assistant Men?s Tennis Coach. This position will be responsible for assisting with individual and team practices, and for coaching in tournaments and dual matches in a manner consistent with University, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
1. Conduct regular individual training sessions with student athletes.
2. Assist with team practice, under the supervision of full time coaches.
3. Assist with the recruitment of prospective student athletes when they are on campus visits.
4. Share responsibility with the full time coaches for keeping each player on path to reach his academic, athletic, and personal potential.
5. Assist the Head Coach with special projects that will benefit and elevate the tennis program.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules.
Interpersonal skills necessary to relate to student athletes and recruit successfully.
Eagerness to teach and advise players within the established system of the full time coaches.
Successful completion of a background check and NCAA recruiting test.
A strong playing and/or coaching record at the collegiate or professional level.
A desire to pursue a full time career in college coaching.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is proud and honored to be recognized as a 2012 Metro Detroit 101 Best & Brightest Place to Work and a 2012 Detroit Free Press Top WorkPlace.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
University of Michigan - 5 months ago