Mental Health Case Manager
This position requires that the case manager provide linkage and resources to all of the clients needing these services in the mental health department. It requires close collaboration with the clinicians treating the patients as well as the ability to build relationships with these clients.
Duties would include but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Conduct psycho-educational and/or individual rehabilitation, either alone or in conjunction with a therapist, as well as provide psycho-education to groups and parents. Under the direction of the clinician, implement specific behavioral plans for the client in the office, school, or home.
- Provide initial paperwork and psychosocial assessment for client initial intake appointments.
- Collaborate with clinicians on their cases in order to provide adjunctive services to their clients.
- Act as interpreter for psychiatrist or non-Spanish speaking staff during sessions, phone calls, and other instances, as needed.
- Provide assistance to the psychiatrist in terms of scheduling and medication management.
- Assist therapists with scheduling intakes and completing necessary documentation to open a case.
- Provide linkage and advocacy to ensure that the client and family have access to services that will help achieve treatment goals.
- Provide services within clinic or in client's home, school, or other appropriate site as needed.
- Document all client contacts according to DMH and clinic standards.
- Responds to requests from other departments within clinic to meet with a potential client or to provide case information on referral form, and arrange for an intake or refer to other agencies, as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly Mental Health Department staff meetings.
- Maintain productivity expectations.
- Assume other duties as directed by Director of the clinic.
Possess a B.A. or B.S. in Psychology, Social Work, or other related field or possess an A.A. in a related field and a minimum of 2 years previous experience providing case management.
Fluency in English and Spanish required
Experience working with diverse populations in a social service setting highly desirable.
Knowledge of DMH paperwork desirable.
Previous experience interpreting desirable
Certification in Triple P parenting highly desirable.
Located in Downtown Los Angeles, Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center is a qualified-focused, non-profit community health center...