Essential Job Functions:
- Provides individual and group counseling to Centre students;
- Maintains appropriate related documentation of all counseling services provided;
- Develops and leads group educational programs, including, but not limited to residence hall programs, parent orientation, sorority/fraternity programs, campus suicide prevention programs for students, faculty, and staff;
- Serves as afterhours on-call counselor as requested and scheduled, and provides occasional phone and/or face-to-face emergency counseling when requested;
- Maintains the confidentiality of student clients within prescribed legal, professional, and ethical guidelines;
- Serves as a consultant on mental health/substance abuse issues to Centre faculty, staff, and residence life staff.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of Masters degree in a counseling-related field (Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, etc.), and licensed in Kentucky to practice independently (without supervision) as a Qualified Mental Health Professional.
Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience providing direct services in mental health and/or substance abuse.
Preferred Experience: Experience with young adults ages 18 to 25, experience in counseling persons with anxiety, depression, eating disorders, alcohol and drug abuse.
Knowledge and Skills:
Committed to educational excellence and the mission and goals of Centre College.
Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to serve as a member of a team, collaborate with other professionals.
In 2005, Art Center College of Design marks its 75th year as a leader in art and design education, and sets the stage for the next era of...