MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL II or III
Provides direct mental health clinical treatment to children/adolescents and thier families. Working as part of Parenting with Love and Limits Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides evaluation/problem identification, crisis interventions and individual and/or
group therapy to assigned consumers.
2. Develops treatment plans; monitors treatment progress, and follows-up at disposition
3. Works with psychiatrist when consumer is in need of medications.
4. Coordinates consumer's use of other Center programs and outside community
5. Provides services (including intensive services for individuals and families) in a variety of
settings including office, consumer homes, hospitals, law enforcement facilities, etc.
6. Serves on emergency rotation schedule to provide 24 hour on-call, responding to and
providing service to emergent situations.
7. Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Centennial standards.
8. Participates in meetings, in-services and supervisory sessions as required.
9. Performs other job duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in psychology, social work, or other human services field.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy. Knowledge of community resources. Ability to serve wide range of consumers, including culturally diverse populations. Knowledge of cultural issues that may have a bearing on service provision. Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately. Familiar with the DSM-IV and diagnostic techniques. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy to include basic skills in e-mail communication and word processing. Ability to work flexible and on-call hours, which may be required. Ability to travel within the Center's service area or to other locations as needed.
Keywords: MHP, Mental Health Professional, LCSW, LPC, Child Therapy, Play Therapy, LMFT, Loan Repayment, NHCS, Health Care, Therapist, Behavioral Health, Healthcare, Counselor, Counseling, Therapy, PLL, Parenting with Love and Limits, Youth Therapy, Adolecent Therapy