*$250 Sign-On Bonus*
The Mental Health Professional is responsible for providing mental health services to detainees while working directly with clients, team members, and facility staff, and maintaining a professional relationship with all staff and detainees.
* Provide mental health assessment and evaluation of detainees referred by facility staff or identified by prescreening (booking or nursing).
* Provide individual and/or group therapeutic services.
* Assist custody and medical staff in the monitoring of mental health for referred detainees.
* Coordinate with custody and medical staff in the management and treatment of detainees with mental health and/or behavioral concerns.
* Monitor and provide therapeutic support of segregated/isolated detainees.
* Support and supplement the activities of county mental health services in the stabilization of at-risk detainees.
* Coordinate with county mental health services for continuity of care and discharge planning via sharing of pertinent patient information.
* Complete documentation of assessment and treatment, as well as maintain records for referral tracking and CQI.
* Facilitate training on mental health-related issues as requested.
* Adhere to work schedule.
Master’s degree in a behavioral/social science field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work) from an accredited college or university and current licensure with clinical specialty in the state from the appropriate state licensing board. Must be able to practice independently. Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
Advanced Correctional Healthcare - 19 months ago