Possession of a valid Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), issued by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in mental health service delivery and administration, with |
specific experience in supervision, program development, management, evaluation, budget and staff
recruitment; Two (2) years of experience in a private or governmental agency providing direct
mental health related services to students, which should include identifying patient mental health
needs, using community resources and student advocacy, desirable
2. Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a field of study
approved by the California State Board of Behavioral Science Examiners; Official Transcripts.
One requirement from each bulleted group MUST be met before your application will be considered.
Certification (LMFT or LCSW)
Letter of Introduction
Letter(s) of Recommendation (3)
General Description of Position Goals
This Classified Manager is responsible for the administration of the district’s mental health services.
This position provides clinical supervision, program and staff development, and monitors compliance
regulations. The manager functions within the limits of licensing and professional standards in
accordance with the California Board of Behavioral Services and adheres to California Education Code
Essential Job Functions
1. Facilitates the development of short-term and long-range policies, plans programs and budget
recommendations for approval by the Director of Special Education.
2. Supervises and evaluates all Mental Health Program personnel
3. Attends IEP meetings
4. Reviews and audits charts and clinical notes to assure quality, compliance and continuity of care
5. Conducts clinical interviews to gather information, assess student needs, determine the appropriate
need and develop diagnostic information and individualized treatment plan.
6. Provides crisis intervention and individual counseling for students on clinical issues such as
treatment and medication compliance, depression, substance abuse, suicidal ideation etc.
7. Leads and facilitates therapy groups with focus on clinical issues
8. Provides individual, group, and family therapy, and social rehabilitative services
9. Provides both individual and group therapy services to students in emotionally disturbed program on
a weekly basis
10. Provides case management services to emotionally disturbed students
11. Consults with staff in the emotionally disturbed programs on behavior strategies to utilize with
12. Prepares reports and correspondence and maintains a variety of documentation, such as charting
observed behaviors, progress reports, discharge summaries, incident reports, referral forms and other
13. Serves as the mandated Child Protective Services (CPS) and Adult/Elder Abuse reporter
14. Implements established treatment plans and assures effectiveness of plan
15. Coordinates with caseworkers, probation officers, community and support services and appropriate
16. Completes paperwork to support mental health billing in a timely manner.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responds to inquiries for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
2. Attends and participates in a variety of internal and external meetings
3. Functions as an effective member of the management team and serves as a member of the District
Management Advisory Team.
4. Assists in the recruitment, selection, and training of personnel
5. Works with other agencies to obtain information, coordinate services and assist with providing
training to support staff, as needed
6. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed
EdJoin.org - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard