The primary purpose of the Mental Health Specialist position, under direct supervision, is to provide child, adolescent, or adult patient support and supervision in a treatment or educational milieu; and assist in the maintenance of a safe, secure environment that enhances treatment and/or educational effectiveness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in psychology, social work or related field.
2. OR Human Services Certification or Registered Counselor Certification and 2 years related patient care experience preferred.
3. Crisis prevention training, or must acquire within 6 months of employment, required.
BLS Required. Current AHA Healthcare provider, American Red Cross or KMC BLS within 60 days of hire.
- On feet up to 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- Potential exposure to contagious diseases, body fluids, hazardous chemicals, needles and other infected material.
- Exposure to violent and unpredictable individuals.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Kootenai Health - 22 months ago