April 17, 2013
Mental Health Therapist
40 Hours, Full Benefits
Licensure Supervision Available
Irving Outpatient Clinic
Morrison Child and Family Services delivers specialized outpatient services to children, ages birth through 18
- Working with African American and other diverse populations
- Providing group and individual therapy
- Possessing knowledge of diverse communities served by Morrison will strengthen your application
Reference Job Code: MHT-445
To Apply Please Follow Application Procedure
The Mental Health Therapist/QMHP position is responsible for providing outpatient counseling services by engaging with emotionally disturbed children, adolescents and their families. Duties include overall responsibilities for treatment planning and implementation and record keeping for each client and family. Position may provide consultation to the team in a specialty area.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field.
- Experience in a mental health setting providing therapy to children and families.
- Licensure preferred but not required.
- Must be able to meet QMHP requirements under State of Oregon MHDD Division’s Administrative rules.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children birth to eighteen years old.
- Understanding of and ability to use DSM IV Diagnostic Categories.
- Knowledge of individual, family and group treatment strategies, including traditional and non-traditional treatment/service modalities.
- Ability to use electronic records, Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to establish professional communication in English with clients and service providers both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations in a variety of environments.
- Ability to effectively handle working in an environment serving clients who are struggling with severe emotional and mental health related difficulties.
- Ability to maintain complete documentation for charting according to OAR and agency requirements.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries in working with others and in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work as a member of a coordinated team effort.
- Manual dexterity allowing for copying, typing, filing, and writing.
- Ability to accurately read, record and interpret information, including assessments, measures and diagnostic criteria in order to establish client/service provider strengths and needs.
- Valid driver’s license for state of residency and driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy. If driving personal vehicle, must provide proof of auto liability insurance. If driving personal vehicle for work-related purposes 3 times a week or more on average must have and maintain personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level.
- Must pass criminal history check.
+ Pay Differential for Bilingual Abilities
+ Pay Differential for Licensure
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “MHT-445” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “MHT-445” on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison Child and Family Services - 23 months ago