PURPOSE : Assesses and diagnoses adults experiencing mental health issues, who are utilizing St. Vincent’s Emergency Department (E..D.) to get their healthcare needs met at the Virginia Garcia medical clinics and in the community. Provides appropriate treatment and/or consultation with families, care providers, and community partners about treatment options as part of a team consisting of a nurse practitioner and community health worker. Will screen clients for needed mental health and substance abuse treatment, provide mental health treatment, and make referrals to appropriate providers. Position will be working primarily in the Beaverton and Hillsboro areas.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work (QMHP) required.
- LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker), or Licensed Psychologist,
- or able to obtain licensure within one year of hire required.
Requires a current CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor) or equivalent national certification or a submitted application for CADC upon hire, with a formal plan to obtain certification within two years of hire.
- Must have an understanding of primary healthcare settings.
- Must be familiar with the Latino culture.
- Must have knowledge of the medical home, team-based model of care.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle, current auto insurance and be able to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.