PURPOSE : Assess and diagnose adults experiencing mental health issues and behavioral problems in an outpatient setting. Provide appropriate treatment and/or consultation with care providers about treatment options.
CLOSING DATE : Friday, March 1, 2013,
POSITION SPECIFIC : Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule. Hours will include working until 7:00pm one to two days per week. Must be willing to work on Saturdays.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for client evaluation including initial intake interview, formulating diagnosis, identifying appropriate treatment services.
- Collect information about individuals or clients, using interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods. Observe and evaluate client's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Analyze data such as interview notes, and reference manuals to identify symptoms and to diagnose the nature of clients' problems.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials. Address legal issues as needed.
- Provide referral services to clients and their families.
- Develops therapeutic treatment plans based on clients' interests, abilities, strengths and needs. Treatment plans will be evidence based using clinical experience and knowledge, and will have measurable goals and objectives based on the diagnosis and will specify type, frequency, intensity, timeframes of outcomes and duration of therapy. Treatment plans will client driven and follow-ups will be completed on time, assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Counsel individuals, groups, or families to help them understand problems, define goals, and develop realistic action plans. Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- May be responsible for service coordination.
- Document and maintain client records in electronic healthcare system within 24 hours of meeting with client to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- May need to travel between sites or in the community.
- May need to work some evenings.
- Meets performance standards for productivity, documentation (including progress notes, assessments, treatment plans and authorization requests) proficiency in clinical model and evidence based practices, quality of care (including engagement and retention) and teamwork.
- Master’s degree in area of specialization directly related to work performed; or a bachelor’s degree in nursing or occupational therapy and licensure through the State of Oregon or QMHP.
- May require LCSW or LPC.
- More than 1 year experience in broad range of clinical interventions and mental health assessment specific to the client population.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct an assessment including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, alcohol and other drug use, past mental health services, and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, social and work relationships and conducting a mental status examination, complete a five-axis DSM diagnosis; write and supervise the implementation of an Individual Services and Support Plan and provide individual, family , and/or group therapy within the scope of their training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of treatment methods for individual, family and group therapy to address chemical dependency and/or mental health problems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain case management.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used by client population.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.