We are seeking outgoing detail-oriented individuals to work on the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey in the Chautauqua County area. Interviewers contact preselected households, gain their cooperation, and conduct interviews using a Westat-provided laptop.
• Be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English;
• Have strong communication skills; previous interviewing or public contact experience preferred;
• Be available to work flexible hours, including daytime, evening, and weekend hours, based on the preferences of the households in the assignment;
• Be willing to work a minimum of 25-30 hours per week, when work is available;
• Be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, which includes a laptop and interviewing materials, or climb stairs, if needed, with or without reasonable accommodations to gain entry to sampled households;
• Have high speed Internet access at home for data transmission;
• Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension and regular access to an insured, reliable vehicle;
• Attend paid out-of-town training for 8 days beginning in late January 2014. Complete all mandatory home study training assignments prior to attending the in-person training;
• Have basic computer skills; and
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a background screening based on the specific position which will include, at a minimum, a criminal records history.
This is a part-time, nonexempt position with some fringe benefits. Interviewers will be paid an hourly rate plus mileage and travel expenses. If you are a reliable self-starter, working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience.
WESTAT - 17 months ago
Survey the market research business, and you'll find Westat among the leaders of the pack. A statistical survey organization, the company...