Do you love design and fashion? Are you looking for an exciting new career?
Come join Ashley Furniture HomesStores , the #1 Brand in the furniture industry
The retail Merchandising Analyst helps maximize the profit potential for a retail store or retail chain. By analyzing inventory risks and opportunities, and implementing inventory allocation strategies, the merchandising analyst improves cash flow and increases profit margins.
A Merchandising Analyst streamlines the flow of merchandise through a retail outlet by providing the organization with analysis, allocation, and guidance through:
- Monitoring store category sales.
- Supervising physical inventory.
- Identifying trends.
- Monitoring the timing and scope of seasonal changes.
- Overseeing shipping/receiving and warehousing of merchandise.
- Working directly with suppliers to maximizing inventory turns.
- Communication with the Visual Merchandiser to ensure proper product placement on showroom floor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Finance, Accounting, or Economics is preferred but not required
- Interior Design Experience
- Merchandising and data analysis experience
- Analytical experience and computer proficiency with programs like MS Excel and/or Access
- Organization, creative problem-solving, and a continuous improvement mentality
- Starting Salary $30,000-$40,000 D.O.E.
- Ability and Willingness to Travel