Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
JC Penney is creating an entirely new brand of Department Store – the world’s first specialty retail store – and it will change the retail landscape for good. We want to be a store for all Americans and be relevant to the key parts of their lives. In order to do this we will rethink everything we do. We’re looking for dynamic individuals with entrepreneurial spirits, who are ready to make an impact and work toward providing a shopping experience that inspires, respects and puts our customer at the center of the experience. JCPenney is transforming itself to become America’s Favorite Store – be a part of this transformation!
We are actively looking for a Merchandise Assistant to provide buying/work unit with diversified analytical, project and efficient administrative assistance support. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to organize work priorities with minimal or no supervision. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines, and creative problem solving skills.
• Tracks samples using the on-line sample log and tracks expenses.
• Works directly with team to organize, purge, and display all samples, including sample counter.
• Maintains sample rooms, including movement of samples and shipping packages, processes all received packages and ensures delivery to appropriate manager.
• Initiates and responds to telephone inquiries to resolve matters not requiring specific action of the Buyer or Assistant Buyers, other MAT members, or manager as assigned.
• Assists buying/work unit associates with the preparation and proofing of necessary plans, materials, data, and reports for assigned tasks.
• Prepares, maintains and updates data, reports and records required by management utilizing
appropriate computer software.
• Handles routine inquiries and correspondence from a number of sources (internal and external) by obtaining the necessary information and preparing appropriate responses.
• Performs related clerical and administrative activities such as responding to e-mail, data entry,
processing mail, fax, and setting up and maintaining files. Schedules and sets appointments, arranges team meetings, and maintains manager's calendar (as requested).
• Tabulates and verifies data on a wide variety of subjects by:
a. Calculating and compiling data
b. Tracing and editing data
c. Arranging data in appropriate formats
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• Bachelors Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, or Apparels and Textiles preferred.
• Previous retail experience preferably in a leadership or visual aspect preferred.
• Minimum two years experience supporting a department or team.
• Ability to juggle competing priorities with ease.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Proficiency in MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other standard office
equipment for recording, storing, analyzing, retrieving, and presenting information.
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefit package including medical/dental, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, on-site childcare, etc.
J. C. Penney - 16 months ago