Responsible for performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Unloads and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices
- Stocks shelves with goods received
- Pulls and fills orders from paper or computerized member store order requests, matching inventory to order numbers.
- Lifts heavy/light weight items and may operate a forklift, small hand tools, pallet handlers, and hand trucks.
- Consolidates orders for each member store from multiple warehouse locations on to pallets and prepares for shipping using shrink wrap machine or other devices.
- Loads orders for shipping against purchase orders or invoices
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a lead person or supervisor
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability and be willing to learn to operate material handling equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ability to learn new functions, processes and methodologies.
- Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment reading and math skills tests
- Able to work all overtime hours.
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day, walk 5 to 10 miles a day, bend, reach, twist and lift.
- Continually lift, handle rotate and carry from one to seventy-five pounds. Lift from the floor to five feet high.
- Normal physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver body while in place.
True Value - 22 months ago
True Value Company is one of the world's largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives. With about 4,500 independent retailers and an...