Calvin Klein Jeans, a division of Warnaco Inc., has an exciting opportunity for a talented Merchandise Manager Men's Denim & Bottoms to join our team. Since the introduction of the original Calvin Klein jean in 1978, Calvin Klein Jeans has been positioned as an authentic designer jeans brand known for innovative fit and unique details and denim treatments. Clean, effortless styling with an element of edginess is the essence of the brand. Calvin Klein Jeans has always been a driving force in the fashion industry and is famous for its memorable advertising and innovative denim designs.
The Merchandise Manager Men's Denim & Bottoms for Calvin Klein Jeans is the leader of product strategy and brand growth for the global community. The role is responsible for the development of all global merchandising strategies for Calvin Klein Jeans (all channels of distribution). This position sets the product line plan vision and leads the global line planning process in order to achieve or exceed annual financial goals. He/she must ensure that the line plan addresses a global brand vision while at the same time meeting local needs. Key metrics for success will include retail trend, new product hit rates, style scale and sku efficiencies.
In addition, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Establishing the product vision and global merchandising line plan for CKJ's product for all markets. Partners with regional merchandise managers in the development of all region specific line plans.
- Collaborating, influencing and driving to consensus all short and long range merchandising strategies and objectives for the CKJ categories. Ensures the successful implementation of said strategies by providing leadership and direction to design, merchandising and technical teams.
- Owning the product development process - directly responsible for all meetings and outcomes, managing team adherence to the critical deadlines.
- Bringing customer and market prospective to the design and product development process. Thoroughly understands the brand's target customer by tracking attitude and lifestyle trends.
- Collaborating with design and product development partners to meet costing targets on all products developed seasonally. Attend weekly fittings to ensure commercial viability and timely execution.
- Collecting and filtering information to influence next season's line
- Providing global marketing and regional sales teams with product knowledge and serve as an informational resource.
- Ability to apply trend forecast and influence product POV during development process using both market information and Global Brand Filters
- Work with Creative Teams to identify seasonal brand messaging, product key items, and key global looks
- Strong skillset in leading, developing and training direct reports in merchandising function. Experience in mapping out short and long term career development plans.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- 6+ years of Men's Denim product development/merchandising experience
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Strategic thinker who recognizes opportunities and can influence decision makers to move to execution
- Strong product sense with proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with Design to conceive product concepts that drive business
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of analytical skills and conceptual creative ability
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of fabrics as well as garment construction
- Working knowledge of garment costs and gross margin formulas
- Global perspective with International market experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to Europe and Asia 1-3 times per year
Warnaco - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -